2018年5月2日星期三

Call me, OK?

You may have seen Microsoft commenting on the spate of scam telephone calls to unsuspecting users. Better late than never, I suppose, but this has been going on for quite a while now.
For those who have yet to receive one of these calls, let me take you through one that I had a few months ago.iphone data recovery software for windows
A lady called and said there were some problems with my computer. Unfortunately for her, I know a bit about computers and realised that this was a scam call. So, I played the dumb, innocent user for a while by responding to her with things like “OMG!” and “Really?”, until I decided to start asking my own questions. “How do you know my computer has problems?” I asked. Needless to say, this question and others in a similar vein were ignored. At that point, my wife announced that my dinner was on the table so, regrettably, I had to end the conversation.
The lady did say she was calling from Birmingham in London! I haven’t been to either city for a few years but I was not aware that Birmingham had relocated itself to London.free data recovery software
Some key points here:
Never give out any details to anyone calling about your computer
They cannot tell if your computer is having problems or not
All they want are your credit card details – tell them nothing!
If you really want to have fun, simply put the phone down somewhere and wait until they get fed up and hang up.
Don’t be fooled by these people – they are criminals and heartless scumbags.
You have been warned!

没有评论:

发表评论

Best Free Video Recovery Software Restores Deleted HD Videos

Summary:Video recovery software helps to recover deleted HD videos from a hard disk,USB portable disk, memory card, SD card or other device...